*** CANCELLED *** Edinburgh Seniors museum visit and lunch *** CANCELLED ***
Edinburgh Meeting for members including Retired Members
All Members and Guests Including Retired Members Are Welcome
Venue: James Clerk Maxwell Museum, 14 India Street, Edinburgh EH3 6EZ
Date: Wednesday 25 March 2020
Time: 10.00 to 10.45 – Coffee at Browns, 131 George St Edinburgh
10.45 to 11.00 – Walk to India St (8 minute walk / 550 m)
11.00 to 12.00 (approx.) – tour of museum (led by Dr John Arthur)
There is no cost for coffee at Browns or for the museum tour.
Please email Gail Millar at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 12 March 2020 if you would like to come for coffee and the museum, stating the number of people attending.
After the museum tour, members and guests can return to Browns for a two-course lunch plus tea or coffee, at a cost of £17.00 per person
Please note that drinks are not included in the price. Drinks should be purchased at the bar as there will be no table service for drinks.
Starters: Choice of
- DUCK LIVER PARFAIT with tomato & rhubarb chutney, toast
- SMOKED HADDOCK FISHCAKE with rocket, lemon butter sauce
- MUSHROOMS ON BRIOCHE (V) with Garlic & parsley butter
- SOUP OF THE DAY (V) with Warm sourdough, butter.
Mains: Choice of
- FISH GOUJONS (Breaded pollock) with tarragon mayonnaise, watercress, sautéed heritage potatoes
- BRITISH MUSSELS & FRITES (White wine & cream sauce)
- BEETROOT & LENTIL COTTAGE PIE (V) with Butternut squash mash, green beans
- CHICKEN & HAM PIE with Crisp puff pastry, buttered mash
If you (and guests) wish to have lunch, please:
- Send a cheque for the full amount, made out to Institute of Physics, by Thursday 12 March to Gail Millar, 4 Wellview Lane, Murieston, West Lothian EH54 9HU.
- State your choice of starter and main course.
#seniors #RetiredMembers #MuseumVisit #JamesClerkMaxwell #ArtAndScience #Edinburgh #Scotland #Museum #DaytimeEvent #Members #REMNet #IOPScotland #IOPBranchEvents