Festival of Physics
The Festival is free, and open to everyone with an interest
The confirmed speakers so far are:
- Dr. Shakil Awan (Plymouth) Graphene and biosensors
- Dr Tom Heinzl. (Plymouth) How to build a light sabre
- Dr Matt Telfer (Plymouth) Pluto’s ‘desert’
- Dr Tamara Sheret The Rise and Rise of Data Science
Additional speakers on different topics have been invited.
We also have the 3 minute wonder competition, where early-career physicists will compete for prizes by explaining their research in 3 minutes flat!.
There will also be demonstrations at lunch times and the breaks. So far the following has been confirmed:
- Alan Millard, Swarm robots
- Theoretical Physics poster
- Wave demo tank
- Particle Physics card game (Antonio Rago)
We will add the details of other demonstrations as they are confirmed.
There will be IOP members doing physics demos and that there will be workshops- details to be announced.
There will be two session in the planetarium at the University of Plymouth. This will involve the "Phantom of the Universe show" and a tour of the Universe. Details of how the planetarium shows can be booked will be posted later.
Tea and coffee will be served at the breaks. The area is well served by public transport and there are multiple public car parks. There are many options for buying food, if you don't want to bring a packed lunch.