Get into Teaching - Physics (Online Webinar)
Join us online and discover how you can use your passion to inspire others.
Imagine a job where you’re able to use your physics knowledge every day, in an inspiring and thought-provoking way. One where you play a crucial role in shaping the next generation of physicists and engineers.
Teaching takes you back to where it all started – where you first discovered your passion for physics. It allows you to make new discoveries, develop a deeper understanding of physics that you never thought possible, simply by expressing and communicating the subject in new ways.
Through the IOP Teacher Training Scholarship, we'll work to support you into your teaching career in teaching by offering:
- £28,000 tax free funding plus early career payments
- Access to a network of professional physicists
- Invitations to exclusive events and educational trips
- Free IOP membership during your teacher training year
- The opportunity to help shape how physics is taught
With talks from current physics teachers and a Department for Education representative, you'll gain further insights into how to become a teacher, the qualifications needed and routes into teaching. We'll also detail the benefits and realities of teaching and dispel common myths and misconceptions.