Rugby meeting: The annual meeting for teachers of physics in schools and colleges 2019
The 31st annual meeting for teachers of physics in schools and colleges.
Registration is now open - iop.org/rugby
This year will feature keynote lectures from Dr Rebecca Smethurst, University of Oxford and Dr. Michael de Podesta, National Physical Laboratory. The afternoon session will consist of hands-on workshops providing a wonderful opportunity for teachers not only to pick up new ideas and resources, but also offer a platform for discussion and idea sharing.
Teachers have the choice of two workshops from those listed below:
- Embedding formative assessment in 11–14 physics teaching, Mary Whitehouse.
- Equipment for the 12 required practicals, Helen Pollard and Dan Cottle.
- Saturday Science: Novel Physics Projects for STEM Clubs, Neil Downie.
- Maths for KS3 and KS4 Physics, Lawrence Cattermole.
- Barriers to physics, Jessica Rowson.
- The Faulkes Telescope Project: bringing the universe in to the classroom, Paul Roche.
- Press Start – a Gameful approach to curriculum development in Physics, Richard Parker.
- Supporting Teachers of Physics by Coaching (Only available in Workshop session 1) Ian Horsewell.
- Supporting Early Career Physics Teachers (Only available in Workshop session 2) Daisy Fox